Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sylvia Lee Goh

Today I went to painting class after two week. Getting myself to go was a real disaster. I was in a hurry and all my stuff were oily and unclean and I hadn't cleaned them for so long, so everything was a mess. I spilt the thapinten on the floor and the whole house is smelling like a painting studio now.
On the way I remembered that I have left my subject picture at home so I was thinking to go back and not go to class for one more week.
But I went. And there was an aged lady there, my friends said her name was Sylvia. I said nice to meet you and then made myself busy with the unfinished portrait I had.
Then she went out, and all my friends started talking about her eagerly, and then I asked who was her? and they said one of the famous Malaysian painters. And I was like why didn't you tell meeee first????
But she came back. And she came to see my work. And I enjoyed her telling me my mistakes.
And that was not all. She gave me a ride and some advice on how to become an artist.

That's lucky isn't it. :)
(The above picture is one of her paintings.)

***

I had coffee with a good friend today at Starbucks. It makes me feel good that I knew we'd be good friends the moment I saw her. I can recognise my friends before I start speaking with them. That's a mystery. :)
***

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

salam azizam..
che ba maze
che khoob ke kelase naghashi miri atii joonam kheyli khoshhal shodam pas to ta ram nasghashi hesabi asir karde.
un khanoome bayad shakhsiate jalebi dashte bashe.
midoonam ke age edame bedi yeki az behtarina mishi..
movafagah bashi atyeye man ..hame ja ..hame vaght.
kash mishod naghashihato bebinam.

Unknown said...

The looking of your house and also your face after spliting those painting oils must be so funny :D

Sapinud said...

Vay somaye rah raftam be khodam fohsh dadam, hameye roghanam az dast raft :( khoone ta shab bood midad :)) vaghean khande dar bood, rast migi :)